Debbie Hunter is an experienced and highly successful learning and organisational development professional with a great track record in both the private and not-for-profit sectors. She works at individual, team and organisational level and in the areas of leadership development, management development, change and employee engagement. Her energetic, pragmatic and down-to-earth style, combined with her passion for unlocking potential and making a difference maximises buy-in to any change initiative from the outset. Debbie launched her business Up For Change in 2009 and helps improve organisational performance in the following ways:
• Designing and delivering management, leadership and personal effectiveness programmes
• 1:1 and team coaching
• Designing and facilitating Board/top team meetings to increase productivity & effectiveness
• Delivering change & employee engagement programmes
• Developing people strategies that deliver the business agenda
• Coaching and mentoring Learning and Organisational Development functions to increase business alignment and impact on results
• Designing and implementing succession planning, talent and performance management processes
Successful projects for clients have included
• Design and facilitation of a culture change programme, including creation of a new set of company values for the rapidly growing bio‑tech, Oxford Biomedica.
• Designing and delivering a management development programme for the FTSE 100 company LandSec, with 90 participants completing a 6-day programme within 18 months.
• Designing and delivering a coaching programme for employees at Mars Wrigley, which has led to improved training practices across a factory of 500 employees.
• 1:1 coaching and team development for the senior management team of Vodafone and O2 Telefonica’s first joint venture.
• Designing and implementing culture change programmes for a range of start-ups and SMEs
• 1:1 and team coaching for the executive teams of a range of start-ups and SMEs
Debbie Hunter – Education and Professional Qualifications
• Team Coaching Certification (2020) from the Global Team Coaching Institute
• Affiliated Member of the British Psychological Society
• Qualified to use Myers Briggs, FIRO-B and the Strength Deployment Inventory
“Debbie builds very strong relationships with her clients by providing open, direct and honest feedback in a way that allows people to identify and build on their strengths and personal growth needs. Her approach when working with people is both methodical and thorough, providing the right balance between challenge and support.” Sales Director
” Debbie is hugely experienced and professional but so are many others. What makes her special is the way she works with teams and individuals. The impact is profound. People love working with her… want to learn… and their personal effectiveness increases as a result. That made Up for Change an excellent investment in the performance of my organisation.” CEO
“It is rare to come across a standout trainer and coach like Debbie whom within the first day of working together shifted my perceptions. Debbie has exceptional qualities when it comes to engaging with a broad range of people of varying backgrounds – she is inspiring, motivating, consistent and reliable. Our work together is delivering tangible results and after every coaching session I have clarity, feel motivated and
then go on to create impact.” Brand & Marketing Director
“I’m definitely seeing and feeling the benefit of you working with us even more during lockdown.” CEO